Friday Never Felt So Good

TGIF and it feels wonderful. I want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and comments yesterday. It was a tough day and all your support really helped a lot. I was sort of wary about posting what was going on, but I’m very glad I did. The support I received from my husband, colleagues, friends and blog friends was wonderful – so thank you all.

I have good news to report on my Dad. He had two stents put in yesterday and will likely be able to leave the hospital today. I talked to him yesterday after the procedure and he said he was feeling okay – just tired and very hungry. My mom tells me he is an unwilling guest at the hospital and has been ready to go home almost since he got there. I’m sure he is counting down the hours till his release today.

It was definitely hard being so far from my family and many of you said you could relate. I’m only 2 1/2 hours away from my family, so if need be, I could certainly hop on a train and be there somewhat quickly. But I can’t imagine living on the other side of the country or even just a few states away.

I’ve decided not to head up there this weekend, because as my mom said, there really isn’t anything I can do at the moment. My Dad just needs to rest and recover from this. And eventually start exercising and changing his diet. I’ll be heading up there next weekend for a wedding, so I’ll be able to spend some time with him then.

So for now, I’m just thankful that he is okay and am waiting to hear that he’s gone home from the hospital. Despite my anxiety yesterday, I tried to eat normally and not let stress affect my foods. Here are my eats:

Breakfast was oatmeal with dried cranberries, walnuts and agave.

Then lunch was leftover couscous with carrots and grape tomatoes added and balsamic vinegar drizzled over top.  

My snacks for the rest of the day included Chobani yogurt with a mixture of granola and Kashi Go Lean cereal added in.

A small bag of grapes…

A KIND Fruit and Nut Delight Bar and an apple.

It sounds like more snacks than usual for me and there was a reason. I had signed up for a camera class a while back and it happened to be last night. I definitely did not feel like going, but as Hubby said, it would help take my mind off everything for a little bit.

So I headed to my “Getting to Know Your EOS Rebel” class at Adorama on West 18th street.

The class was helpful in some respects, but not entirely what I was expecting. I need tips on shutter speed, apertures, ISO, etc., and this class focused more on some of the camera features and settings you might not normally explore. Toward the end of the class, myself and a few others started asking questions about shutter speed, ISO, etc. and the lady who runs the workshops, as well as the instructor, suggested we sign up for the March session they are offering. I really wish I had known more about what last night’s class was and was not going to focus on, because I would have skipped it and just gone to the March workshop instead.

Anyway, I guess I did get some basic info, but now I’m likely going to sign up for the March class as well.

After my class I talked to my mom again for a little bit and she gave more details about my Dad, his diagnosis and next steps. Then I headed home – I was exhausted.

I got home from the camera class at about 9:00 p.m. and was starving. I’d had a lot of fruit throughout the day, but I was craving more veggies, so I made myself a big salad with lettuce, carrots, grape tomatoes, raisins and goat cheese. I sprinkled some Newman’s Light balsamic vinaigrette on top and mixed it up.

After dinner, I watched Grey’s Anatomy, read my book for a bit and pretty much passed out. This has been a short week, but it’s also been exhausting. On top of the stuff going on with my Dad, I felt like I was trying to cram a lot of stuff into just a few days.

Do you ever feel like there just aren’t enough hours in the day to get everything done?

Lately, I’ve been shocked by how fast the days are over and how little I feel like I’ve accomplished. I was having this discussion with a few of my friends who are feeling the same way. Maybe it’s the lack of daylight or maybe we just try to cram too many things into our already busy schedules.

Anyway – Friday truly hasn’t felt this good in a long time. I’m looking forward to a low-key night tonight, my friend Lauren coming down tomorrow, and I am even kind of looking forward to the NYRR Half Marathon on Sunday (maybe it will help release some tension), but I am also kind of dreading it as well. 😉

Again – thanks for all the support yesterday. The blog world is truly an amazing community of caring people. And much love to my husband (for dealing with my grouchiness and tears) and my friends for the emails, texts and calls. Love you all and love you Dad and Mom!


6 responses to “Friday Never Felt So Good

  1. Love you too Hon! Mom & Dad

  2. I am very happy to hear that things look okay with your dad. Keep strong and have faith. And on the bright side, he has you there to help guide him when he hast to start changing up his diet. Good luck at the half and have fun relaxing tonight and hanging with your friend tomorrow!

  3. I just caught up on everything that’s gone on. The very best wishes to you, your dad and your family. He sounds like a fighter and I know he’ll come through everything fine!

  4. Glad to hear the good news about your dad. I’m sure it’s an incredible relief. As to the question about not enough hours in the day–oh heck yeah! Never enough!

    Have a great weekend.

  5. What a relief that surgery went well. After your stressful and worried week, here’s to a great weekend!

  6. Aw, Lindsey. I know how hard this must be. I fall apart anytime anything happens to my Dad, so I just want you to know that you have all my support and encouragement. I’m very relieved to hear that your dad is recovering smoothly.

    Have a wonderful weekend! Love ya!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s