I live in the northeast, so I understand that I need to expect and tolerate a certain amount of cold weather and snow. And really, I try not to complain about the snow and slippery conditions at the start of the season. I try to enjoy its beauty and appreciate the season for what it’s worth.
However, there comes a time when I say, “Enough is enough.” I am over it. It’s not pretty enough to make me appreciate 15 inches of snow! This is now what the fifth big storm of the season? Enough already! Not only am I going to have to run 7 miles on the treadmill this evening, but I may also find myself running 14 miles on the treadmill this weekend. Absurd!
And you know, it really isn’t fair to dump this on us after we’ve had few somewhat mild and tolerable winters in the past few years. Just as I was getting used to more rain than snow during the winter, the 2010-2011 season rolls in and just keeps dumping snow on us.
Sorry for my little rant. I will say that despite me having to leave super early for work this morning in 15 inches of snow, I did find a few things comical:
- When a person can move faster by walking than a cop car can because it’s stuck sideways across the street.
- Following a 1-foot path down the sidewalk makes me wonder who was the brave soul that started said path in the first place…and thank you.
- This one isn’t funny – but just a huge thank you to the business owners or buildings that actually shovel and snowplow in front of their building. You have no idea how happy I get when I see a nice clearing up ahead.
- Watching a golden retriever puppy eagerly eat and attack the fresh snow on my way to work. Wish I could be that happy about it.
- Women have it way better in the snow – we can wear tall boots and galoshes. I feel so bad for the poor men with their pants covered in snow and slush up to their knees. I say buy a pair of galoshes guys and start a new trend – I’ll support it!
And lastly, this really made me giggle as I walked into work today…