Wow – so I can’t believe that today is my 300th post on Eat, Read, Run. I also can’t believe that I started this blog way back in fall 2009. There have certainly been many times when I slacked on blogging or life just got a little too busy and blogging was sort of forgotten. But overall, I’ve kept it going.
Whether I’m posting twice a month or 25 times (how did I do that in the beginning?), I have thoroughly enjoyed keeping this little diary of my life and running. And I’ve loved looking back at past posts and remembering what was going on at that time in my life. For a girl who has a slight short-term memory problem, it’s extremely helpful.
And now, in honor of my 300th post, I’ll share with you XX things you might not have guessed about me…
- I will drink red wine all year round – I’m not ashamed. I like it just as much in July as I do in November.
- I don’t like dark chocolate. I will choose milk or white chocolate before I even glance at a piece of dark chocolate.
- I went through a one-year phase when I didn’t use an iPod when I ran. No music whatsoever. No clue how I did it.
- I knew I wanted to qualify and run the Boston Marathon about halfway through my very first marathon.
- I qualified for the Boston Marathon at my second marathon and it’s all kind of hazy. It was one of the biggest accomplishments of my life and I relive that race a lot during my long runs.
- With the new Boston Marathon standards, I doubt I’ll ever qualify again (my qualification was during the 3:40 and under standards)…but part of me secretly wants to try. 🙂
- I swore for years that I would never own an e-reader. My husband bought one for me for Christmas…and I LOVE it and still feel sort of guilty about that.
- I work at the ASPCA and it’s literally my dream job. I find myself getting nervous that it really is just a dream every day.
- I’m an only child and part of me wants to have like five children someday.
- I have an overweight cat. We have him on a diet, but he hasn’t lost much weight.
- I say elementary wrong. I emphasize the “a” in the word. I didn’t know this until college.
- I can paint a pretty mean french manicure. When I get the motivation to actually do it, people think it’s salon quality.
- I have really tiny feet and sometimes it’s hard to find shoes. Size 5 people. I order shoes online a lot.
- I’d like to write a novel someday. But it’s pretty intimidating. But after starting 50 Shades of Gray and seeing how terrible that writing is – maybe it IS possible.
- John Irving is one of my favorite authors. I’ve heard him speak in person twice. I know some people who hate him and I can’t understand why.
- It REALLY bothers me when people spell my name wrong (particularly with an “a” rather than an “e”) and ESPECIALLY when they are responding to an email where my name is in the signature.
- Up until about 5 years ago, I thought I didn’t like tomatoes or onions. How did I make dinner ever? And thank goodness I gave them another shot.
- Sometimes, I secretly want to live on a farm with a cow, chickens, a giant garden – the whole shebang. In reality, my mother grew up on such a farm and I think she transferred some of this desire to me.
- I could eat cheese during every meal of the day. Slightly obsessed.
- My husband says that sometimes in the middle of the night, I wake up (well not fully wake up) out of a dead sleep, sit up and start petting and snuggling the cat. Then I just stop and go straight back to sleep.
And 300 posts later, here I am! I’ve run four marathons, read a TON of books, and eaten very good food. And I’ve got the blog to remind of all of it. And now in honor of my 300th post, I think I’ll go run 6 miles. Okay – there is no choice about it. My training plan tells me I’ll go run 6 miles. 🙂
For you other bloggers – do you enjoy looking back at old posts? How long have you had your blog? Do you think your blogging days will ever end?
And what’s the strangest or a unique thing about you that people probably would never guess?